The Facultad de Ciencias of the Universidad de Colima will hold its second Workshop in Geometry. The topic of this workshop is Conformal Geometry. This is part of a series of workshops with the purpose of promoting the development of new areas of geometry in Mexico.
Conformal geometry is the study of angle-preserving transformations on a space, and constitutes one of the foundations of geometrical analysis. While in dimension two, conformal mappings are well understood, the higher dimension case has received a lot of attention recently and, in particular, it is deeply related to the study of some partial differential equations.
- Alice Chang (Princeton University)
- Robin Graham (University of Washington)
- Paul Yang (Princeton University)
Short contributing talks (25 minutes) will also be considered. If you want to attend, please fill in the registration form.
- María del Mar González (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona)
- Andrés Pedroza (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
- Ricardo A. Sáenz (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
Limited funding for graduate students might be available.
The workshop is supported by Universidad de Colima.