The Facultad de Ciencias of the Universidad de Colima will hold its first Workshop in Geometry. The topic of this workshop is Symplectic Field Theory. This is to be part of a series of annual workshops with the purpose of promoting the development of new areas of geometry in Mexico.
SFT was introduced by Y. Eliashberg, A. Givental and H. Hofer in the late 1990's. This meeting will provide some background, introduce SFT and cover current advances in the field. There will be two minicourses of 3 hours each and four lectures of one hour each. These will be given by experts in the field.
- Tobias Ekholm (University of Southern California, Los Angeles)
- Yakov Eliashberg (Stanford University, Stanford)
- John Etnyre (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta)
- Richard Hind (University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame)
- Dusa McDuff (State University of New York, Stony Brook)
- Klaus Mohnke (Humboldt University, Berlin)
Short contributing talks (25 minutes) will also be considered. If you want to attend, please fill in the registration form.
- Maia Fraser (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
- Carlos M. Hernández (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
- Haydee Herrera (Rutgers University, Camden)
- Andrés Pedroza (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
- Ricardo A. Sáenz (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
- Axel Schulze-Halberg (Universidad de Colima, Colima)
Limited funding for graduate students will be available.
The workshop is supported by SEP-PIFI3.2 and Universidad de Colima.