Two Research Positions in Physics
The University of Colima is seeking candidates for two positions in physics. Both openings are at the level of Profesor Investigador de Tiempo Completo Titular A (equivalent to assistant professor in the US) and are scheduled to begin in August 2018.
The Physics and Mathematics Department at the University Research Center for Basic Science (CUICBAS), established 15 years ago, has intensive and successful undergraduate programs in Physics and Mathematics. It is currently composed of fourteen researchers (7 in Physics) devoted mainly to theoretical and phenomenological areas such as high-energy physics, cosmology, gravity, condensed matter, and mathematical physics.
The positions being offered are for experimental physics. Applications from phenomenology will also be considered for those cases where there is a close connection to a particular experimental collaboration. Preference will be given to those applications related to the physics program at Fermilab.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Develop a vigorous research program and maintain a high-quality academic productivity in physics.
- Participate in the teaching (a minimum of one course per semester) and advising of students from the undergraduate programs in the Department. They must have the capacity and willingness to incorporate undergraduate level physics and mathematics students into research.
- Become members of the CONACYT’s Sistema Nacional de Investigadores within the first two years after their appointment.
- Apply to standard Mexican grants available for researchers (start-up grants from PRODEP and CONACYT).
- Willingness to participate in student recruitment activities.
- Participate in activities associated to academic administration.
Interested applicants should have a PhD in physics and postdoctoral research experience (for Mexican applicants experience outside of Mexico is necessary). Knowledge of Spanish is not required (Junior and Senior level classes are held in English). However, it must be learned in time.
For more details, requirements and application procedure, consult the following document: Official Announcement of Two Research Positions in Physics at the University of Colima